Enabling safe and simple touch-free payments
When you need efficient, convenient payment options to protect patient and staff health and safety, secure contactless options are invaluable assets to your office. Contactless payment methods use radio frequency identification (RFID) technology and near-field communication (NFC) to communicate with point-of-sale terminals, enabling patients to simply pay by touching their card or mobile device against the card reader to make a payment. Contactless payments are also known as touch-and-go payments because they are a fast, one-step payment method.
Our point-of-care payment terminals and Practice Management Bridge® payment platform work together seamlessly to accept all forms of contactless payments:
- Digital wallets
- Touch-to-pay cards
- Mobile wallet apps such as Apple Pay®, Google Pay™, and Samsung Pay®
With a QR code, practices create unlimited opportunities for patients to make online payments. Here are just some of the ways you can make it easier than ever for patients to pay online:
- In the office
- At checkout
- On printed statements
- During curbside service
Connecting to your payment portal, a custom QR code allows practices to offer another convenient method of contactless payment to your patients.
Offering the latest contactless payment technology in your office encourages patients to pay using their preferred method and gives them a frictionless, secure payment experience.
The benefits of contactless payments include:
- Time efficiency Contactless payments do not require patients to enter a PIN, swipe a card, or sign for a transaction, making them a fast option that cuts down on checkout time and improves patient flow.
- Convenience In addition to the fast transaction times of all contactless payments, mobile wallet payments allow patients to pay using their phone or smart watch without getting their wallets out.
- Security Contactless payments are fully encrypted and nearly impossible to be hacked or duplicated. Contactless payments are as secure as EMV chip payments.
- Touchless technology Transactions with contactless payments never leave the patient’s hands, so there is no contact with card readers, pens, or with staff touching physical payments.
With Practice Management Bridge, office staff can also streamline payment workflows by automatically posting payments to the patient ledger in the practice management system or electronic health record. Practice Management Bridge interfaces with any existing practice management system or electronic health record to create more efficient and secure patient payment processes.